Aimia Prepaid Card Services Privacy Promises.
Aimia takes privacy seriously. These are our ten promises:
- Notice. When we collect personal information, we will give timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we are collecting, how we will use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. By providing personal information, you are accepting that the personal information will be processed according to the terms of this service.
- Relevance. We will collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we will not use it for other purposes without obtaining consent.
- Retention. We will keep personal information in accordance with our data retention practices. We do not, however, store any credit card information.
- Accuracy. We will take general steps to validate the address information provided to us. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us.
- Access. We will provide ways for you to access the account you created on this service.
- Security. We will take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information from loss and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Sharing. Except as described in this notice, we will not share personal information with third parties without consent.
- International Transfer. If we transfer personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect it.
- Enforcement. We will periodically review our privacy practices and update them as appropriate.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
1405 Xenium Lane
Plymouth, MN 55441
Frequently Asked Questions
Effective: October 20, 2009
What does this notice cover?
This notice describes how Aimia collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information. "Personal information" is information, recorded in any format that identifies an individual personally, by itself or together with other information that is available to us. Our site may include links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from this one. If you submit personal information while on those sites, your information is subject to their privacy policies and you should review those policies.
What personal information do we collect?
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Credit card information
What personal information do we retain?
- Email Address
- Phone number
Do we collect personal information about children?
This site is intended to be used by businesses. It is not intended to be used by anyone under the age of 13.
How do we use personal information?
We use personal information to provide the information, products and service you requested.
What choices do you have about the use of your personal information for marketing purposes?
We do not use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Who may we share your personal information with?
We share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, such as issuing banks, card fulfillment vendors, and card processors. We may transfer your personal information to another entity that has acquired the stock or substantially all of the assets of Aimia as the result of a sale, merger, or reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring entity's use of your personal information will still be subject to this notice. There are other limited circumstances in which we may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties, including for example, when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with a law, regulatory requirement, court order, or a subpoena; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect legal rights, property or safety of you, Aimia, our employees, agents, other guests, or the public in general.
How do we protect your personal information?
We implement appropriate physical, technical and organizational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and all other unlawful forms of processing.
What happens when the privacy notice is modified?
We reserve the right to periodically change the privacy notice. If or when we do, we will post the new notice and change the effective date shown on the site.